A very lonely goat

My friend Toni gave me this goat for Christmas. I was curious to see what my mom’s pets (all of whom used to be my pets – thanks Mommy!) would think of it. Turns out, not much. The bunny was completely nonplussed. Trust me, she’s awake.

The kitties are obviously just too cool to show their interest.

Originally posted on Selfish Mom

Comments

7 Responses to “A very lonely goat”

1. Toni on December 30th, 2008 8:07 pm

The cats just want food. (At the end there, Selma’s like, okay, I listened to the whole thing, you said there’d be refreshments afterwards!) But I do like when Patty starts to groom at about the :30 mark, then wanders off.

2. Amy on December 30th, 2008 8:39 pm

My husband and Patty watch musicals in roughly the same manner. And have about the same attention span.

3. Tracy on December 31st, 2008 9:36 am

First, the bunny. The bunny is gorgeous, but you’re sure it was awake? I can’t believe it didn’t freak out, bunnies are sensitive creatures, you know.
    Second, the cats, I laughed so hard I choked. Cats are always way too cool to show interest in anything. I loved the bath, & then strolling casually away, like ok, this thing is REALLY annoying. Then the other cat waiting oh so patiently for food. Too hilarious.
    Toni, loved your comments, & the goat is hysterical.

4. Amy on December 31st, 2008 7:48 pm

She was awake: when I did the close up at the end I was doing it to show her eye open, but it was too dark to tell. She’s really old, nothing bothers her anymore. Seriously. You could run a marching band in front of her and she’d be like “meh.” The only thing that excites her is if you open the vegetable bin in the fridge. Then she pushes you out of the way and grabs some lettuce. I’ve got to get video of that.

As for Selma waiting by the food, very true. But even after they’ve just eaten they like to hang out there – it’s directly in front of a heating vent.

5. Deirdre on January 1st, 2009 5:36 am

that was too funny!

6. Cara on January 2nd, 2009 9:16 am

That was hilalrious….ok our dog would have ripped that thing to shreds in about 15 seconds!!

7. Amy on January 2nd, 2009 11:06 am

Seriously, I didn’t expect much, but I expected more of a reaction than that!