The Rally to Restore Sanity – the signs

So here I am, waiting for the rally to start on a train back to NYC back home after spending the day at the Rally to Restore Sanity in Washington, D.C.  Was sanity restored?  That’s a question I’ll tackle when I’ve had more sleep & showered off the rest of the Port-O-Potty.  For now, here are the signs that I saw at the rally.

The Comedians

The Satirists

The Optimists

The Enthusiasts

The Stoners

The Thinkers

The Critics

And I’ll just leave you with one final thought…

Originally posted on Selfish MomAll opinions expressed on this website come straight from Amy unless otherwise noted. Please visit Amy’s Full Disclosure page for more information. Amy also blogs at Filming In Brooklyn,Behind the Screen, and Momtourage.

1. says

I want to make a slide show wallpaper out of this. It cracks me up. You captured the essence of it all – and thank you for not taking pictures of the port-o-potty. Some things are better left in DC.

2. Elissa says

If a picture is worth 1,000 words…then I’m left speechless by your photo essay. Thank you for braving port-o-potty hell and the crowds for giving us ‘on the ground’ tweets and pix of this rally.

As a Canadian, I’m fascinated by US politics – and while we’ve had mutli-city rallies to protest a potential law/act – never a rally against an entire political system. Thanks for sharing.

Plus, dinner @JSBagain’s would be worth having to deal with that port-o-potty…

• says

@Elissa: So glad you like it! I was actually a little bummed that I barely got to tweet – as soon as the rally started mobile internet pretty much disappeared. That’s what happens when you put hundreds of thousands of young people in one space, I guess. :-)

3. Jessica L. says

I’m also jealous you got to go. The signs were great. I watched a little of it on TV and was amazed by the sheer number of people. It was uplifting to think that so many people do seem to care about reason. Unfortunately you cannot reason with crazy haters – FOX news is still online this morning.

• says

@Jessica L.: Yeah, you do feel a little deflated after a day like that to get back home and see that nothing has changed…except possibly yourself. So maybe, there will be long-lasting ripples.

• says

@NYCPatty: So glad you like them! And yeah, it was pretty amazing.

You can post a few of your favorites on your own site, as long as you link back to this post telling people where they can find the rest. :-)

4. says

LOVE it!!! It’s nice to know there are more sane (and FUNNY) people in the world than those who are insane and like Glenn Beck, which is so not funny. Thanks for the photos!!!!