The Rally to Restore Sanity – the signs

So here I am, waiting for the rally to start on a train back to NYC back home after spending the day at the Rally to Restore Sanity in Washington, D.C.  Was sanity restored?  That’s a question I’ll tackle when I’ve had more sleep & showered off the rest of the Port-O-Potty.  For now, here are the signs that I saw at the rally.

The Comedians

The Satirists

The Optimists

The Enthusiasts

The Stoners

The Thinkers

The Critics

????

And I’ll just leave you with one final thought…

Originally posted on Selfish MomAll opinions expressed on this website come straight from Amy unless otherwise noted. Please visit Amy’s Full Disclosure page for more information. Amy also blogs at Filming In Brooklyn,Behind the Screen, and Momtourage.

Comments

24 Responses to “The Rally to Restore Sanity – the signs”

1. The Horrible Housewife on October 31st, 2010 3:57 pm

I really enjoyed these pics! But my very favorite is the last. ;)

@The Horrible Housewife, Yeah, it just says it all. I mean, it could replace all laws if people were up for it.

2. Rebecca Levey on October 31st, 2010 7:35 pm

I want to make a slide show wallpaper out of this. It cracks me up. You captured the essence of it all – and thank you for not taking pictures of the port-o-potty. Some things are better left in DC.
    Rebecca Levey recently posted..It’s a LEGO Universe – And My Whole Family’s Living In ItMy Profile

@Rebecca Levey: Um…then you probably shouldn’t read tomorrow’s post about the rally. So far the Port-O-Potty pic is in.

3. Beth on October 31st, 2010 7:59 pm

Love, love, love these! Hubby and I were sitting here reading and laughing to them. Hope you have been able to rest up some today.
    Beth recently posted..Happy Halloween 2010My Profile

@Beth @ TheAngelForever: Well, between choir this morning and trick-or-treating, not so much. :-) But it was worth it.

4. Ann on October 31st, 2010 8:58 pm

Love the pics! Election day —bring it on!

@Ann: Seriously! I hope this got people energized.

5. Elissa on October 31st, 2010 9:11 pm

If a picture is worth 1,000 words…then I’m left speechless by your photo essay. Thank you for braving port-o-potty hell and the crowds for giving us ‘on the ground’ tweets and pix of this rally.

As a Canadian, I’m fascinated by US politics – and while we’ve had mutli-city rallies to protest a potential law/act – never a rally against an entire political system. Thanks for sharing.

Plus, dinner @JSBagain’s would be worth having to deal with that port-o-potty…

@Elissa: So glad you like it! I was actually a little bummed that I barely got to tweet – as soon as the rally started mobile internet pretty much disappeared. That’s what happens when you put hundreds of thousands of young people in one space, I guess. :-)

6. Cristie Ritz King on October 31st, 2010 9:48 pm

These were hilarious. I want to print some out and hang them around town.;) A great laugh after a very long Halloween weekend.
    Thanks.

@Cristie Ritz King: So glad you liked them! Yeah, a bunch of them should be repeated…and repeated…and repeated!

7. Lorena on November 1st, 2010 12:53 am

Good stuff, I think you’re page is about to go all viral n’ shit.

@Lorena: Now that’s what I like to hear!

8. NYCSingleMom on November 1st, 2010 7:03 am

So jealous you went. These are some funny signs, from the looks of it we should legalize pot.

After taking my daughter to the inauguration, I dont think I could have dealt with the crowds again.

@NYCSingleMom: You’re made of tougher stuff than I am. I’ll take October in D.C. over January any time!

9. Jessica L. on November 1st, 2010 8:13 am

I’m also jealous you got to go. The signs were great. I watched a little of it on TV and was amazed by the sheer number of people. It was uplifting to think that so many people do seem to care about reason. Unfortunately you cannot reason with crazy haters – FOX news is still online this morning.

@Jessica L.: Yeah, you do feel a little deflated after a day like that to get back home and see that nothing has changed…except possibly yourself. So maybe, there will be long-lasting ripples.

10. Sara Plays House on November 1st, 2010 10:03 am

LOVE THESE. Thanks so much for sharing. Now? I must share them in all sorts of social media outlets. Wheee!
    Sara Plays House recently posted..Saturday Night Art Show- Process EditionMy Profile

11. NYCPatty on November 1st, 2010 3:40 pm

Awesome signs! It must have been so amazing to be there!
    I want to post some on my site they are so great! Thank you for sharing.

@NYCPatty: So glad you like them! And yeah, it was pretty amazing.

You can post a few of your favorites on your own site, as long as you link back to this post telling people where they can find the rest. :-)

12. Random Chick on November 1st, 2010 4:33 pm

LOVE it!!! It’s nice to know there are more sane (and FUNNY) people in the world than those who are insane and like Glenn Beck, which is so not funny. Thanks for the photos!!!!
    Random Chick recently posted..Time Management for People with ADDMy Profile

@Random Chick: Thanks! And yeah, it was refreshing.

13. This Weeks’s Linky Things are Linky « Alyse.org on November 2nd, 2010 9:30 am

[...] 1st – Rally to Restore Sanity – the signs | Selfish Mom – Some excellent signs from the Rally to Restore [...]