Loving my veggies!

I’m so excited to finally announce that I’m a Hidden Valley Ranch Mom Panel member for their Love Your Veggies program! I’m at the kick-off event right now with the other panelists, waiting for our celebrity spokesmom, Angie Harmon.

We all started off the morning with breakfast and meeting each other (picture 1) at the W Hotel. Then it was off to the kick-off event, where Fiona immediately found the tallest chair (picture 2), and I watched the chefs getting ready for the cooking demo (picture 3).

I’m so thrilled that my friend Jennifer Perillo is here (picture 4)! And I can’t wait to try the new (to me anyway) veggies they’ve got for us: romanesco broccoli, watermelon radish, rainbow carrots, and confetti cauliflower. With ranch, of course (picture 5)!

Please note that the mom panelist positions are paid and Amy is under contract with Hidden Valley.

Originally posted on SelfishMom.com, from Amy’s cell phone (so please excuse any weird formatting). All opinions expressed on this website come straight from Amy unless otherwise noted. This post has a Compensation Level of 14. Please visit Amy’s Full Disclosure page for more information. Amy also blogs at Filming In BrooklynBehind the Screen, and Momtourage, and podcasts with The Blogging Angels.

1. says

Congrats!! So maybe you could share your love of veggies and help correct my son not eating his? I’m thinking maybe if it comes from a mom he likes… ;-)

• says

@c2cmom: Thanks! I’ll post my top tips, but you know my Jakie: he’s super picky, and nothing really works. So I make his favorite (carrots sauteed in olive oil and dill) as often as possible! I don’t really care if he’s eating the same one over and over, as long as he’s eating one.

You could also try what we did today: veggie face pizzas! The kids were making veggie unibrows and boogers and ranch dandruff. :-)

2. Elissa says

How cool is this ambassador-ship! Congrats (and hugs to Jennifer Perillo!). In fact, i’ve found ranch dressing to be a kid fave…good choice! Not sure if Hidden Valley is in Canada…can you check if you have time?

• says

@Elissa: I will totally ask that at lunch today. But in the mean time, prepare yourself. Because really, would you want to live in a place with no Hidden Valley Ranch? You may have to move. Or if that’s too difficult, I may have to send you some dressing.

3. Elissa says

…or we could have a clandestine meeting in the food aisle at Target…in Buffalo…let’s see..I’d ante up a box of Aeros and Canadian Oreos for a small cache of Hidden Valley….lol!

4. Elissa says

Toronto…I’ll check the shelves of my local grocery store and report back in…

Plus…you’re daughter is 100% gorgeous!!!