Jun 8, 2012 Paid/Sponsored Post
[I wrote this post as part of my compensated ambassadorship with Hidden Valley Ranch’s Love Your Veggies program.]
I just made this for lunch:
If you like Hidden Valley Ranch on your salad, you’ll love the tangy flavor on roasted cauliflower!
To be honest, I hate cutting cauliflower as much as I love eating it. So to keep this recipe quick and easy, I cut the cauliflower as soon as I buy it. In fact, I’ve been working on this bag for almost two weeks, with not a brown spot in sight. The trick is, after I cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and wash them, I let them drain as much as possible. Then I put them into a big zipper bag and stick a folded paper towel in there to absorb moisture. I push as much air out of the bag as I can, and – as my son Jake would say – wa-LA!
The rest is super simple. You will need:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-6 teaspoons Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, depending on how intense you want the ranch flavor to be
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (keeps cauliflower from sticking and burning)
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl until cauliflower is well-coated
- Place coated cauliflower in a single layer on the pan
- If there’s any ranch/breadcrumb mix left in the bowl, sprinkle over the cauliflower
- Bake for 20-30 minutes on middle oven rack, checking after 20 minutes to see if florets are cooked (I like to stir them around after 15 minutes to make sure one side doesn’t get too dark)
Originally posted on Selfish Mom. All opinions expressed on this website come straight from Amy unless otherwise noted. This post has a Compensation Level of 14. Please visit Amy’s Full Disclosure page for more information.
If you liked that, then you might think that these are awesome: