I first posted this recipe here. This is one of my all-time favorite ways to eat pasta (that won’t eventually lead to a heart attack). It’s a great dish to whip up for company because it’s so easy, but I also make it a lot for lunch – I don’t really enjoy cooking just for myself, but this involves so little work. This recipe makes 2 servings, but it’s easy to multiply.
- 4-6 ounces penne pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced (substitute a small onion & some garlic if you don’t have shallots)
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- red pepper flakes (use very sparingly)
- 5oz package of pre-washed baby spinach
- 2oz diced or crumbled Feta cheese
- Boil the penne pasta as you’re making the rest of the recipe.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallots and let them cook until they start to get soft, about five minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and a small amount of red pepper flakes (be careful, you won’t know how hot it is until it cooks a little).
- Cook for about five minutes more.
- Add the spinach and cook until it is completely wilted.
- Add the Feta cheese.
- Add the cooked penne, toss, and serve.
Originally posted on Selfish Mom. All opinions expressed on this website come straight from Amy unless otherwise noted. Please visit Amy’s Full Disclosure page for more information. Amy also blogs at Filming In Brooklyn, Behind the Screen, Momtourage, and podcasts with The Blogging Angels.