There are times when I don’t mind slaving away in the kitchen for a brunch party, making individual omelets or waffles. But other times I want something easy, something that can bake while I prepare fruit and potatoes. This is also great to bring to bake sales and pot-lucks.
One of the reasons that this recipe is so quick and easy is that you’re not making a separate crust, but don’t worry – the biscuit mix settles to the bottom and makes a bottom layer that suggests a crust, and the pieces come out of the pan very nicely.
Quick and Easy Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup biscuit mix (I use Bisquick)
- 1 rounded tsp dried oregano
- 1 rounded tsp dried parsley
- 1 rounded tsp seasoning salt (I use Lowry’s)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, and omit the extra salt)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 9 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin rounds then cut in half
- Butter for pie plate
Originally posted on Selfish Mom. All opinions expressed on this website come straight from Amy unless otherwise noted. Please visit Amy’s Full Disclosure page for more information. Amy also blogs at Filming In Brooklyn, Behind the Screen, Momtourage, and podcasts with The Blogging Angels.