I originally posted this recipe here. This is actually not my favorite spinach pizza recipe (that would be this one), but sometimes I want something a little different. This pizza works best with all fresh (no frozen or canned) ingredients, except for the crust.
Spinach Pizza Recipe
- 1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 tsp olive oil
- small white onion, sliced fairly thin
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, peeled & sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 10oz fresh spinach (or 1 box frozen spinach, cooked & drained)
- 3-4oz Kraft Three-Cheese Italian Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Unroll pizza dough according to package instructions.
- Put olive oil in a frying pan and sautee the onion and garlic over medium-low heat, until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until warm, then add spinach and cook until completely wilted.
- Turn heat to high and keep the mixture moving constantly, cooking off as much moisture as you can (otherwise your pizza will be soggy).
- Spread mixture onto the unbaked crust and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown.
Originally posted on Selfish Mom. All opinions expressed on this website come straight from Amy unless otherwise noted. Please visit Amy’s Full Disclosure page for more information. Amy also blogs at Filming In Brooklyn, Behind the Screen, Momtourage, and podcasts with The Blogging Angels.